3D-ing is a part of Redd Robotics dealing with 3D printing.
What is 3D printing?
– In simple words, 3D printing is the process of making a 3-dimensional object out of it’s digital model. From small customized keychains to custom parts for robots, 3D printing is changing the face of manufacturing process. 3D printing is such a disruptive technology that it is expected to have a direct economic impact of anything between 0.2 – 0.6 Trillion US dollars over the next ten years. (Source: http://goo.gl/XxNzV)
Workshop Details: This is a 1 day workshop which deals with 3D designing and printing 3D objects. Below are the details..
- Introduction to the technology
- Installation of the required Softwares
- Getting Started with 3D Designing
- Designing Basic 3-Dimensional Geometrical Shapes like cubes, spheres, cones
- Demonstration of 3D Printing the basic shapes
- Designing 3D models based on 2D logos
- 3D Text and Designing Named KeyChains
- Discussion about complex geometry
- Debugging solid errors and how to avoid them.
- Converting 3D model to 3D printable format.
- Setting various parameters in 3D Printing.
- Demonstration of what parameters affect 3D printing and how.
- Open ended discussion.
What do you get out of this workshop?
– How to design 3D models.
– The ability to build customized stuff.
– Information about a disruptive technology.
– Hands-on experience with 3D printing.
– A certificate. (Just because you want one.!!)
– Anyone can attend.
– You’re required to bring a laptop.
– A USB mouse
What does the fee include?
– Training + 3D printing your design.
– Event Date: June 14, 2014.
– Early bird payment: May 25, 2014
– Deadline for payments: Until seats last.
Venue: ThoughtWorks, Ascendas, Chennai.
Use the link below to register.
For any queries, contact 044 4286 7788 info@3Ding.in