In the history of Japan, there are numerous references to the festival of flying known as “Shiroshi” in which “Shi” means paper and “Roshi” is a ancient Chinese bird. All through the Japanese texts, the festival is embarked as the festival of colors, joy and more importantly innovations of new flying methods. It was only appropriate that we named our inaugural technical symposium as “SHIROSHI”.
At “SHIROSHI 2012″, we have tried to amalgamate the aesthetic value and the technological nuances of this great festival.”SHIROSHI 2012″ is set in with an ancient theme and has events spread over in two days. We believe that SHIROSHI will provide a platform that will facilitate discussions and interactions enhancing the exchange of knowledge at various levels
- Participants are not allowed to submit more than one paper.
- Two authors per paper
- Paper should not exceed 10 pages.
- Send soft copy of your full paper to
- The file name should be the title of your paper.
- Selected teams will be informed through e-mail.
- The presentation will be for 7+3 minutes.
- Bring your presentation in .ppt format in a Pen drive or disk.
- Two hard copies of your paper
- College ID card is necessary.
- Entire text should be in Times New Roman, size 12, except the title.
- Paper Title: Centre text, all caps, bold, font size 14, Times New Roman.
- The names of the author, university and email addresses should be stated below the title in centre text, size 12, Times New Roman.
- Heading: Bold, Times New Roman, size 12, all caps.
- Sub heading: 12, Bold, Times New Roman.
- Reference should be as per enclosed format.
- Each team shall have a maximum of 3 members.
- All finalists should clear the preliminary round.
- Construction materials (ice cream sticks, glue…etc) will be provided.
- The participant team’s bridge model should be of 30 cm length with side walls.
- If a member of a truss structure fails,the bridge is considered to be failed.
- Positions will be decided on strength to weight ratio.
Paratruction (PARACHUTE BUILDING)
Aeolipile( WATER ROCKETRY)
- Maximum of 2 members per team.
- Rockets should be made with the bottles of size lesser than 2 ltrs..
- Maximum of 3 fins allowed (fins should not break after launch).
- Launcher and pressurizing components will be provided,so participants are requested to take their rockets alone when they enter the competition.
- Double stage rockets are strictly prohibited.
R-C’s (The flying competition)
RC PLANE :
- 1.Maximum four members per team.
- 2.Using of kits or RTF should be restricted.
- 3.participate bring own RC.
- 4.You are responsible for your own RC.
- 5.maximum of 2 chances will be given to launch the plane.
- 6.Model can either launched by hand (or) landing strip of length 50m.
- 7.Decision taken by judges only.
Participate should following the maneuver of RC plane:
1.Horizontal loop.[10 point]
JUDGES DECISION SHALL BE TREATED AS FINAL.